Ever heard about ClickUp champions, but weren’t sure if they’re a right fit for your organization? Well, let me help your decision-making a lot easier! In this post, we’ll run through why you need a ClickUp champion and how it can give you & your business a push in the right direction.
What is a ClickUp Champion?
No one is perfect, and as an entrepreneur, you know this better than anyone! Just as it takes a village to raise a child, it will take a team to exponentially & sustainably grow your business.
Enter, THE CLICKUP CHAMPION!
ClickUp champions are, as the name suggests, extraordinary humans who have made it their business to understand ClickUp inside out. They are the internal subject matter expert in an organization capable of implementing and streamlining processes using ClickUp.
Depending on your industry and your organization, this title could vary between different categories or have different names… system’s master, a superuser, a project lead.
“The ClickUp Champion is the go-to person who is internally trained on the platform. They ensure the data integrity of the entire system is accurate.”
Basically, they help CEOs like you gain fresh perspective on how to manage their ClickUp workspace better to get them out of that business slump, optimize their team, and just become a more effective organization in general.
What to Look for When Establishing a ClickUp Champion:
- Ideally, the ClickUp Champion should not be the CEO. We want to make sure that the roles are separate so that they can function in their zones of genius. ClickUp Champions are ultimately the integrators, and the CEOs the visionary.
- You can pick someone from within your organization to be the ClickUp Champion or hire externally. I highly recommend choosing someone with strong project and team management skills in order to increase task success and completion rates.
- They hold the rest of the team accountable in the back end.
- Must be responsive and able to coordinate with your team, so that they can help eliminate miscommunication and streamline project workflows.
- They have a high level of loyalty, trust, and commitment to the entire project.
- They should have all of the relevant Standard Operating Procedures, so that they can train someone else in the event that they need to exit the organization, and a new champion needs to be established.
- Highly capable of performing regular task and template maintenance.
- In smaller organizations, the ClickUp Champion is the only admin user role inside ClickUp. If you think about a larger organization and you think about an organizational chart, someone that’s a ClickUp Champion is also going to be in parallel with another managerial lead inside their business.
Having a ClickUp champion on your team specifically is going to save you a significant amount of time, money, and brain space. It’s likely to be the missing piece of the puzzle to ensure that your ClickUp system shows you your return on investment.
If you don’t have a ClickUp champion, you really need to go find one!
P.S. Don’t forget to go check out my 4 Tips to SOLVE Team Communication Issues in ClickUp blog post, because that is essential in effective team management.
Ambitious wishes and I’ll see you around~
Ready to set your business up for even greater successes?
Project management involves a lot of work and I understand how it can get frustrating, especially if you’re a solo entrepreneur.
But you don’t have to suffer in silence, I’m here to help you as best as I can. You can connect with me via social media or for more amazing resources to improve your business, you can book a call with me.